When K was in a co-op preschool, an auction was held in the winter every year. The initial year we participated in the auction, I made a doll and a matching dress as my contribution item. It was the first time I’d submitted anything hand-sewn anywhere, so I was pretty nervous, but I believe the highest bid was somewhere around $100 for both, which wasn’t too shabby (though I suspect a friend of mine had a hand in inflating the bid).
I was going through my picture archives for what I hope to be a fun post later this week, and found the images for the auction items. I always love finding things I’d made that I had completely forgotten about!
The dress was from this pattern book, and I made up the doll pattern and dress. I think they’re pretty cute together!